[GeoNode-users] User Account Registration (Julierme Pinheiro)

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 09:26:09 PDT 2018

Dear Toni,

I have good news. The issues are over!!!! :-)

I went home thinking about what you said: "I would strongly recommend that
you remove the development environment machine to
avoid further confusion". Before dumping GeoNode Development (GD), I
changed geonode.conf in one way that GeoNode Production (GP) will get blind
to GD.

I, then, realized that the same issue was happening while working  only
with GP. And I started tweaking through the settings.py and the
local_settings.py  and I solved the issues in two steps:

Step 1) in my case, SITEURL must be declared in my settings.py

Note: 1.1 I was declaring it in local_settings.py only (Not enough)
         1.2 If I change my_geonode/wsgi.py to point to local_settings.py
instead of settings.py, Apache2 won't start.

Step2) I did just the same. Instead of declaring the code bellow in
local_settings.py, I did in the settings.py

REGISTRATION_OPEN = True

EMAIL_ENABLE = True

if EMAIL_ENABLE:
   EMAIL_BACKEND = 'django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend'
   EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.sipam.gov.br'
   EMAIL_PORT = 587
   EMAIL_HOST_USER ='uap.ccg.geonode'
   EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = 'passwd'
   EMAIL_USE_TLS = True
   DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL = 'uap.ccg.geonode at sipam.gov.br‘

THEME_ACCOUNT_CONTACT_EMAIL = DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL

Note: 2.1 I was declaring it in local_settings.py only (Not enough)
         2.2 If I change my_geonode/wsgi.py to point to local_settings.py
instead of settings.py, Apache2 won't start.

That was it. Thumbnails are working like a charm and I am sending e-mails.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

I appreciated it.

Kind regards,

Julierme