[GeoNode-users] ➜ Two ansible playbooks

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Sat Nov 3 02:26:11 PDT 2018

Hi Ana,

> So do you suggest to install/try first: 2.8 or master?

For production I personally stick with 2.8 as master is to volatile.
But for a test run I would currently suggest the master branch.
(Reason: https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/issues/49)

> Another question: do you have guide for installing Mapstore2/Leaflet into your appliance ?
The ansible Playbook just automates all required steps from the official
Ubuntu Install-Documentation:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/index.html <http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/index.html>
Hence you end up with a server instance which you can adjust to
your needs just SSH into it. By default the playbook installs geonode in the users home dir:
https://github.com/csgis/geonode_ansible/blob/master/group_vars/all#L17 <https://github.com/csgis/geonode_ansible/blob/master/group_vars/all#L17>

Then adding MapStore is quite simple:
https://github.com/geosolutions-it/geonode-mapstore-client#integrating-into-geonodedjango <https://github.com/geosolutions-it/geonode-mapstore-client#integrating-into-geonodedjango>

Leaflet as well, just enable the leaflet_hookset (comment the others)
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/settings.py#L1223

Of course both steps could be automated with ansible as well.
One would change the local_settings template, which is copied on build
and in case of MapStore extend the pip install step.

Cheers,

Toni