[GeoNode-users] ➜ Two ansible playbooks

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Sat Nov 3 12:02:42 PDT 2018

Hi Ana,

> Before installing Geonode 2.8 with ansible playsbooks, let me ask you is Geonode importer fixed in Geonode 2.8 installed with ansible?

The ansible playbook installs GeoNode in its standard configuration.
Unfortunately I cannot say if this issue still exist. But as with the viewer hooksets
you could just change the setup for your needs after installation. For example
integrate osgeo-importer as alternative.
https://github.com/GeoNode/django-osgeo-importer <https://github.com/GeoNode/django-osgeo-importer>

> Another question is should I install ansible on separate VM or could it be on the same machine with Geonode ?

You would install ansible on your local computer.
Define your target server(s) in the host file (valid user and ssh key needed.)
Then ansible logs into your server and installs everything.

I highly recommend to visit the official ansible documentation.
Normally its used to orchestrate a whole bunch of instances.
For example you could check for updates, change user permissions
or whatever your needs on your whole server infrastructure
In one shot.

https://www.ansible.com/resources/videos/quick-start-video
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/index.html <https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/index.html>

> I don't see in your guide how to choose Branch: 2.8 or Master ?

It´s just the other branch.
For master: git clone  https://github.com/csgis/geonode_ansible <https://github.com/csgis/geonode_ansible>
For 2.8: git clone https://github.com/csgis/geonode_ansible <https://github.com/csgis/geonode_ansible> -b 2.8

Somewhere in issues I’ve read that master (2.10 rc4) can be seen as
stable means its worth to give the master branch a try.

Cheers,

Toni