[GeoNode-users] GeoNode-Project Installation

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 07:18:52 PST 2018

Hi GeoNode users,

I have Geonode-Project installed via Docker in Centos7 Vm and all works
fine after following the guide in here
<https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/tree/2.8>.

Now, I am trying to repeat the task installing GeoNode-Project in a server
in our network, and I am facing the issue bellow.   It seems database
connection issue:

celery4my_geonode | django.db.utils.OperationalError: could not connect to
server: Connection refused
celery4my_geonode |     Is the server running on host "localhost"
(127.0.0.1) and accepting
celery4my_geonode |     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
celery4my_geonode | could not connect to server: Cannot assign requested
address
celery4my_geonode |     Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and
accepting
celery4my_geonode |     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I tried setting postgres/postgis database from a different server (host =
172.21.14.45) as shown bellow, but the problem remains

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2',
        'NAME': 'geonode',
        'USER': 'geonode',
        'PASSWORD': 'geonode',
        'HOST': 'localhost', --> 172.21.14.45
        'PORT': '5432',
        'CONN_TOUT': 900,
    },
    # vector datastore for uploads
    'datastore': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.contrib.gis.db.backends.postgis',
        # 'ENGINE': '', # Empty ENGINE name disables
        'NAME': 'geonode_data',
        'USER': 'geonode',
        'PASSWORD': 'geonode',
        'HOST': 'localhost', --> 172.21.14.45
        'PORT': '5432',
        'CONN_TOUT': 900,
    }
}
Geoserver is running smoothly, but Django and Celery are up,  giving always
a response of
502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.15.0

Any comment on that will be very appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Julierme