[GeoNode-users] GeoNode-Project Installation

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:10:40 PST 2018

Dear all,

Ok. After many tests, I finally got GeoNode-Project installed using
"local_settings" in my_geonode/wsgi.py -->
os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE",
"my_geonode.local_settings").

I have an old instance of GeoNode-Project at 2.7 running in a VM. I compared
settings and local_settings files of GeoNode-Project at 2.7 and
GeoNode-Project at 2.8. Here are some differences found:

Regarding local_settings.py

In GeoNode-Project at 2.8 SITEURL is declared before SITE_HOST_NAME and
SITE_HOST_PORT. But SITEURL depends on both variables.

In contrast, GeoNode-Project at 2.7, its local_settings.py sets SITEURL right
after SITE_HOST_PORT and SITE_HOST_NAME.  It seems the correct settings.

Regarding settings.py

What I realized is that settings.py for GeoNode-Project at 2.8 is smaller than
GeoNode-Project at 2.7. For instance I can find configuration for # prevent
signing up by default # in Geonode-Project at 2.7 settings.py , but I can not
find the same config in GeoNode-Project at 2.8 settings.p.

What I did: I cloned geonode-project and my_geonode folders for
GeoNode-Project at 2.8 and I used settings.py at 2.7 and local_settings.py at 2.7
instead of
settings.py at 2.8 and local_settings.py at 2.8. The response is:
GeoNode-Project at 2.8 is up and running via Docker installation.

Find the files settings.py and local_settings.py for GeoNode-Project at 2.7
and GeoNode-Project at 2.8 in attached.

Kind regards

Julierme