[GeoNode-users] WMS GetCapabilities request takes too long to response on GeoExplorer

George Petrakis gkpetrak at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 04:00:37 PST 2018

Hello GeoNode community,

We are using a GeoNode 2.4 instance with about 300 vector and 30 raster
layers. Everything works fine except the WMS GetCapabilities response on
GeoExplorer. It takes about 3 minutes to load WMS GetCapabilities document.
The version of GeoServer that is used by GeoNode is 2.7.
I have limited the SRSs from WMS  GeoServer admin page but the result is
the same.
I posted a question on GIS stackoverflow (
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/303652/geoservers-wms-getcapabilities-request-takes-too-long-to-respond?noredirect=1#comment489418_303652
) for this issue and it is proposed to upgrade GeoServer to the current
version (2.13).
I think that it's not the only solution because I searched in other GeoNode
instances (from GeoNode Gallery) and there are many instances with
GeoServer 2.7 and many layers stored in which WMS GetCapabilities is loaded
very fast on GeoExplorer.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance !
George