[GeoNode-users] Zoom to layer extend does not work

Paulo Frias pfrias82 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 03:27:43 PDT 2018

Hi all,

This issue didn't worked for me
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/pull/3732/files.
I start to be very disappointed with GeoNode. I think unless you are a very
good programmer you can't do too much with it.

I installed Geonode on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04, on Windows and I also tried
in a Virtual env on Mac OS X. The quick start installation works on Windows
but on Ubuntu when I upload de layer and then try to watch them the zoom
goes to different places on earth and never to layer. I even format both my
ubuntu machine and windows machine to check if it was not some conflict
with other python versions installed. The same happens when I reinstall it.

I also try to install step by step as described on GeoNode website but I
have the same issues.
I think it's very odd that I'm the only one with this kind of problems. The
stable version should work fine to a nom programmer like myself.
I don't know what to do more to solve this issue and in fact use GeoNode.