[GeoNode-users] Remove layer from GeoNode but keep in GeoServer

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:32:07 PDT 2018

Sorry for the late answer.
If I am not wrong this could only be accomplished by deleting (with
cascade) the row
corresponding to the given layer in the base_resourcebase database
table using SQL.
There is no way to do that from the UI or from the Django shell at this time
Paolo

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 7:19 AM Daniel Victoria
<daniel.victoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll check it out. But if the layer has already been added to GeoNode by mistake, can it be 'de-listed'?
>
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 2:21 PM Michael Fedak <mikefedak at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Try switching the layers you do not want added to not be advertised. You can do this via the Edit Layer page in geoserver, there should be a 'Advertised'' checkbox. Then run updatelayers with the --skip-unadvertised flag. See here for more details: http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/admin_mgmt_commands/index.html#updatelayers
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 12:43 PM Daniel Victoria <daniel.victoria at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> Using GeoNode 2.8 installed from the Ubuntu ppa.
>>>
>>> I manually added several layers in GeoServer and then I published them using `geonode updatelayers` command. However, there are some layers in GeoServer that I do not want to list in GeoNode.
>>>
>>> If I delete the layer in GeoNode site, it will also be deleted in GeoServer, right? How can I 'unlist' a layer from GeoNode and still keep it in GeoServer?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Daniel

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer