[GeoNode-users] GeoNode-Project Master vs GeoNode-Project 2.8

1520 gis juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 10:47:38 PDT 2019

Dear users and developers,

I noticed that the piece of information (*information 1*) came along with
the master installation. Information 1 is not available in version 2.8.

Even though, the command line

docker-compose -f docker-compose.development.yml -f
docker-compose.development.override.yml up

is not available in 2.8, the installation still devmode / development.
Could anyone give an explanation on the command line above, please? I got
confused, because in my understanding, in order to have devmode /
development on in master version the command line above is required, which
does not apply to version 2.8, and we still have Devmode / development on.

I appreciated your time , patience and help.

Julierme

*Information 1*
If you want to run the instance for development Use dedicated
docker-compose files while developing

Note

In this example we are going to keep localhost as the target IP for GeoNode