[GeoNode-users] Uploading Shapefile(Polygon features) - Displaying as Point in GeoNode Map/layer View

Naresh N naresh919 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 02:54:49 PDT 2019

Dear All,

kindly help to resolve the *issue*  '*Uploading Shapefile of type
polygon/line in GeoNode 2.4  showing as Point Layer in Map/ Viewer section'*

*Please answer my following  doubts and hep to resolve the issue*
1. Is GeoNode 2.4 compatible with PostgreSQL 10.7 and PostGIS 2.5.2
2. Uploaded Shapefile of type Polygon in  PostgreSQL Database table  showing*
the_geom attribute data type* as  as Geometry (PgAdmin4). and even in
GeoServer Layer  interface 'the_geom' attribute data type showing as
Geometry. How to correct ' the{_geom' attribute data type based on features
type in Shapefile . Which part of the code in GeoNode verifies  and assigns
the attribute type of Shapefile.

Kindly help me to fix the issue and please let me  know any other
information required.

Thanks&Regards,
Naresh.N