[GeoNode-users] Unable to debug error 500 on geonode docker nginx

Amedeo Fadini amefad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 04:00:15 PDT 2019

Hi everybody,

In my dockerized geonode-project instance (2.8.2) i tried to customize
nginx configuration adding SSL support.

Unexpectedly the server stopped to work and tha browsere report only
"Internal server Error" but there's no entry in access.log and error.log
inspected with docker exec -it <containername> bash
On the other hand the output  of
docker logs -f <containername> seems to report the access log entries...

the same happens using original image... so I think that the problem is on
geonode container but also the
What is the proper way to debug or inspect the error log of nginx?

I think I made a bit of mess in my repository deleting a test branch and so
I'm not sure of what  is changed, but it should be related to doker-compose
or .env settings...

Amefad