[GeoNode-users] Migrate Geonode to new server

Francesco Bartoli xbartolone at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:41:05 PST 2019

Hi Jose,

Is already the source instance a geonode-project template? In case it isn’t I strongly recommend to move under that.
Would the move change the version? I see you are on 2.8 which is fine but 2.10 can be considered stable as well.
Moving the data is the hardest part, I think Toni can suggest better than me with semi-automated procedure and ansible scrips but for sure you have to reconfigure the ip address within the new database for some GeoNode objects like layers and maps.

That said once you land to a new brand geonode-project I would consider to use Docker deployment too which is now well tested.

Regards,
Francesco