[GeoNode-users] giving a group permission to view and download all layers

Giuseppe Molinario g.molinario at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:36:46 PST 2019

Ciao Paolo,

Thanks for your response. I was afraid you would say that. I read both of
the resources you linked.

First of all, yes, I do have hundreds of layers that would need changing
permissions in that case, so doing this manually is not an option.

What I would really want, and am wondering if there's a workaround for, is
giving a group the permission to have full access/download capability for
every single layer on the geonode - like the permission that admins have.

We have been unfortunately having to make "admin" accounts for folks,
because they need that permission. But I don't want to do that, because I
don't want to give everyone permission to change all the Django settings or
edit all layers, I just want to give a specific group permission to
view/download all layers.

Maybe that helps clarify a bit . Any help much appreciated!

thank you

Giuseppe