[GeoNode-users] Changing theme of geonode

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 05:42:25 PST 2019

Hi Pierlugi,

I am running GeoNODE DevMode installed via docker. If you installed DevMode
by using this tutorial (
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/create_geonode_db.html),
your templates sub-directory should be in the same directory as static, If
I am not mistaken should be .../geonode/static and .../geonode/templates/ .
After making changes in the files site_base.html, site_index.html and
site_base.css, you must run <python manage.py collectstatic>

I hope it helps

I encourage you to take a look over geonode-project. It is very
straightforward.

Kind regards

Julierme

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:29 AM Jose Cáceres <jose.atyus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pierluigi,
>
> If you installed Geonode usgin the apt-get command, then the file that you
> need to nodify for you index is:
>
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/templates/index.html
>
> Remember always restart Apache afterwards.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> José
>
> El El vie, 8 de mar. de 2019 a las 07:23, pierluigi de rosa <
> pierluigi.derosa at gmail.com> escribió:
>
>> Dear Julierme,
>>
>> I'm modifing this file here:
>>
>> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/contrib/geosites/site_template/templates/site_index.html
>>
>> But not changes are detected.
>>
>> In my system is the only file I have called site_index.html
>> I'm writing this line:
>> <h1>"Multi.park S.D.I."{% trans "Welcome" %}</h1>
>> But only Welcome appear.
>>
>> Instead I'm able to change the css that in
>> /var/www/geonode/static/geonode/css
>>
>> Thanks
>> Pierluigi
>>
>> Il giorno ven 8 mar 2019 alle ore 13:53 Julierme Pinheiro <
>> juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>>> Dear Pierluigi,
>>>
>>> I think you need to look over GeoNODE Project as in [1]. And make
>>> changes to site_base.html and site_index.html [2] and site_base.css[3].
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/tree/master
>>> [2]
>>> https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/tree/master/project_name/templates
>>> [3]