[GeoNode-users] New Leaflet client

Dejan Samardzic dejan.samardzic at cedis.me
Sun Mar 17 08:40:24 PDT 2019

Dear Geonode comunity,

We have made total Leaflet hookset/template rebuilt, so Leaflet client is fully functional now and prepared for adding new plugins. We have included plugins for: Full screen, measurement tool, printing tools, layer controller with multiple base layers, transparency slider, scale bar, drawing tools - useful for pointing some objects or areas before printing, locate me option, leaflet hash, geocoding...

Plaese see for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGLh_2ndMKs

Known limitations:

Bounding box for map thumbnail creation doesn't focus as it should be. Thumbnail generation on layer/map doesn't work from Editting tools > Set Thumbnail, but work on layer/map creation.

Problem with GeoWeb Cache: Uploading new layers results with wrong bounding boxes in Geoserver. In order to make GeoWeb Cache to work, layer needs to be removed from Cache and added again. This clears problem with wrong bounding box defined during upload and turn it into "dynamic".

Embeded maps are focused on Montenegro - we have corrected this to use bounding box from map.

To switch between GeoExplorer and Leaflet client you have to modify (in addition to settings.py) file /usr/src/app/geonode/maps/templates/maps/map_new.html within Django container

Plugin "Locate me" works only through https. We have corrected embeded maps to be completely functional through https.

Best regards,
Dejan Samardzic

--

 Dejan Samardžić        Rukovodilac Sektora za ICT / IT Manager

[cid:part2.F046F4EF.7480CD6B at cedis.me]
CEDIS d.o.o.
Ivana Milutinovića 12, 81000 Podgorica
gsm:    +382 67 220 971