[GeoNode-users] (no subject)

Amedeo Fadini amefad at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:48:44 PDT 2019

Hi Naresh,
Currently I have 2.4 and 2.8 installation running but  I'm not sure in how
it should be in your version.

There are 2 issues:
1) 404 error in upload
2) unable to access to geoserver interface

1) Maybe the 404 error is related to the second part of the URL default
workspace or rest service of Geoserver, could you check if from inside the
server the url http://localhost:8080/geoserver is accessible or gives a 404
error? (i use lynx from ssh console, it shows a javascript missing advice)

2) The connector in server.xml seems ok (see also
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html) tomcat server
only serve the applications it usaully not redirect. If your menu entries
has a destination url like "https://<ourdomainname>/proxy?url=......." the
value of url should be the value of GEOSERVER_BASE_URL that is taken from
OGC_SERVER >  PUBLIC LOCATION  in local_settings.py

your OGC_SERVER should be:

OGC_SERVER = {
    'default' : {
        'BACKEND' : 'geonode.geoserver',
        'LOCATION' : GEOSERVER_LOCATION,
        'PUBLIC_LOCATION' : GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION,
        'USER' : 'admin',
        'PASSWORD' : '******',
        'MAPFISH_PRINT_ENABLED' : True,
        'PRINT_NG_ENABLED' : True,
        'GEONODE_SECURITY_ENABLED' : True,
        'GEOGIG_ENABLED' : False,
        'WMST_ENABLED' : False,
        'BACKEND_WRITE_ENABLED': True,
        'WPS_ENABLED' : False,
        'LOG_FILE': '%s/geoserver/data/logs/geoserver.log' %
os.path.abspath(os.path.join(PROJECT_ROOT, os.pardir)),
        # Set to name of database in DATABASES dictionary to enable
        'DATASTORE': '', #'datastore',
    }}

This is the variable used in 2.8, In geonode 2.4 you'll find also occurence
of GEOSERVER_URL... anyway check all the settings file for http or https
strings.

See also the section about geoserver authentication:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/2.4.x/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/install_geoserver_application.html?highlight=authentication

The url http://localhost:8080 should not redirect.. only the urls on port
80 should be redirected by apache proxy... check all apache configuration,
the redirect section is like this

<VirtualHost  *:80>
    Redirect permanent / https://192.168.10.10/
</VirtualHost>