[GeoNode-users] Proxy error with geoserver link in my profile

Maxime Audet-Roberge maximeaudetr at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 18:32:49 PDT 2019

Hello GeoNode Users,

I installed GeoNode 2.10 rc5 on a Ubuntu 18.04 VM following the guide written by GeoSolutions (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jNg2BKn2H9Haoyqpe7XkK_Nj-siL7PUlhP40hGi9OZ8/edit). I also installed GeoServer 2.15.1. Almost everything is working fine so far, I have access to geoserver and the authentication works! However, I have some issues. Here is one: the link to geoserver in my profile is not working and I have a proxy error.

When I click on the top left menu (I am logged as admin), the GeoServer link is localhost/geoserver. This link is workong fine when I click on it. However, if I open my profile (localhost/people/admin/), the link to geoserver will be localhost/proxy/?url=http://localhost/geoserver. When I click on this link, I have the following message in my browser : “The proxy service requires a URL-encoded URL as a parameter.” and the address is “localhost/proxy/web”.

Do you have any idea how I can avoid this error?

Thanks a lot!

Maxime