[GeoNode-users] Installation process (Matheus Ximenes)

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Thu Oct 24 09:46:26 PDT 2019

Hi Matheus,

There is only one geonode which is:
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode

As Django app you can start it with Django's inbuilt webserver aka runserver. This is actually
what the Development setup does by use of paver.
Here sqlite and jetty are used to give you a quick setup. By changing your configuration to
use more stable components like postgis, nginx and tomcat you will end with a "production" environment.

As we should not change the core there is geocode-project which install geonode core as dependency.
Doing so you can overwrite stuff.

Docker ... is a containerized service: Read here to get the main idea:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docker_(software)

In case you do not want to setup geonode for production manually you can use the docker compositions
for geonode. Here we have to flavours. Geonode main docker setup and SPC. The later is a quite nice
alternative composition. However, both use the geonode core as their basis.

All togetherr don't get confused ;)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Toni