[GeoNode-users] R: migration suggestions

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 25 07:58:55 PDT 2019

Hi Alessio,

thank you for your prompt answer. However, I have a doubts(I apologise if it is stupid) about your hints:

  1.  for metadata do you mean the postgresql db? in case of yes, what do you mean with 'no much', I have 42 layers in 'geonode_data' and 20 maps 116 layers and a couple of users in 'geonode' pgsql dbs. So can I dump and restore both databases? or the db structure is changed, so that I need a special procedure?
  2.  If I port the data only by geoserver, what I have after the updatelayers in the pgsql dbs? no metadata I presume, or only basic info taken from the old geoserver?
  3.  What about the porting of the look and feel of the sites I have? just copy the codes?

Thanks a lot,

Eugenio