[GeoNode-users] New Install error - no module

Narelle Irvine narelle.irvine at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 16:11:19 PDT 2019

I have tried installing Geonode Core on a new 8GB computer running Ubuntu
18.04.3

I have the Geoserver working (localhost:8080/geoserver, but not Geonode
(localhost:8080). Error is unable to connect.
When I get to the command
 python manage.py collectstatic --no-input
 the response is
        ImportError: No module named osgeo

I have also seen errors saying
  ImportError: No module named geonode.settings

Is this related to environment variables? I think I had some issues with
which user (nirvine or geonode) and the virtualenv as I was working through
the instructions, but I have tried so many things in the last couple of
days that I no longer know what is happening.

I am in the geonode virtual env, and the settings are:

VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_WORKON_CD=1
LESSCLOSE=/usr/bin/lesspipe %s %s
VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_HOOK_DIR=/home/nirvine/Envs
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
OLDPWD=/home/nirvine
WORKON_HOME=/home/nirvine/Envs
VIRTUAL_ENV=/home/nirvine/Envs/geonode
S_COLORS=auto
XDG_SESSION_ID=173
USER=nirvine
PWD=/opt/geonode
HOME=/home/nirvine
SSH_CLIENT=192.168.20.48 49504 22
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/share:/usr/share:/var/lib/snapd/desktop
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/0
MAIL=/var/mail/nirvine
VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_SCRIPT=/home/nirvine/.local/bin/virtualenvwrapper.sh
TERM=xterm
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHLVL=1
LOGNAME=nirvine
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000
VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PROJECT_FILENAME=.project
PATH=/home/nirvine/Envs/geonode/bin:/home/nirvine/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
PS1=(geonode) \[\e]0;\u@\h: \w\a\]${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@
\h:\w\$
LESSOPEN=| /usr/bin/lesspipe %s
_=/usr/bin/env