[GeoNode-users] Unexpected Login / User rights behaviour

EFTAS Oliver Buck oliver.buck at eftas.com
Mon Sep 23 03:49:50 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I have noticed a strange behaviour in Geonode 2.10 and was wondering, if anyone had the same. For it seems to me potentially a security issue.

We have a test system setup including a data layer and two users:

Data layer: Vector data imported via Geonode GUI (drag&drop)
Admin user: uploaded the data and owns it
User1: has the right to see and download the data layer

Now the following behaviour can be noticed (tested in Chroem and Firefox)

If I open my startpage and login as "user1", I see the data layer thumbnail (Vector overlay and map background), If I select the layer for detailed viewing, only the map background is displayed, but not the vector layer
Now I log the "user1" out
I log immediately in as "admin"
If I view the data layer as "admin", I have the same behaviour as above, map background, but no vetor overlay
If I open the Geoserver GUI via the Geonode Admin in a new browser tab, I see the Geoserver Admin GUI but strangely logged in as "user1"!!!!
If I logout and log in again in Geosver GUI as admin, the data layer is then displayed in Geonode, after a reload of the page

This seems very odd. Anything related to cookies?

Any help appreciated to make sure this is no security issue

Thanks
Oliver

--
Intergeo<https://www.intergeo.de/intergeo-en/index.php> 2019: 17th - 19th September 2019, Stuttgart, Germany.