[GeoNode-users] Newbies questions before installing Geonode

Davide Marchi danjde at msw.it
Thu Aug 13 02:53:10 PDT 2020

Hi to all,

we are an Italian association and would like to implement a national
georeferenced platform, where publish radio fields measurements.
This platform shoud be free, and accessible to anyone, also for data
entry. So this platform will have to be simple, very simple for entering
data.

We are evalutating some GIS system, and Geonode, seem to us, to have
these features, but we need your opinion on the matter!

The first question is: can Geonode's user management allow to create
users who can easily enter data, preventing corruption of existing data?

The second question: is it possible to add data (to those already
existing/published) via csv? Or the user need to insert data exclusively
form web-form interface?

The third question is: exist a mobile app to help data entry?

The fourth question: the measurements are point-like and we have
different signal level, and would like to color differently (or assign
it different symbol), what is the preferred way? Whereas we would like
to assign to the different users, as many layers, who will have to
respect the same graphic characteristics.

Lastly, could you tell us the minimum hardware requirements?

Many thanks!

Davide Marchi