[GeoNode-users] Geonode 3.0 - Set group permissions by Django Admin Interface work only for django ?

Fabien GUERREIRO fabien.guerreiro at agrosupdijon.fr
Thu Jul 9 05:05:28 PDT 2020

Dear All,

We started here to install Geonode 3.0. All works fine (Geoserver, Django, Geonode).

I understand the differents users : user, staff, admin. I want, for example, don't let (basic) user create new map.
I create a group and change permissions (no 'can add map') by Django Admin Interface for this group and put the user (we can call him Tom) in this group.
When i go back to the site (Geonode) with Tom user, he can create map (he can do it even without the right to do that).
When I change Tom from (basic) user to staff, he can go to Django Admin Interface and can do all except add a map (as i want, but i want it on Geonode too).

I thought the permissions on groups were for all (site Geonode + Django Admin), but in facts they are only for Django Admin, is that right ?
If it's not a bug on my install, someone know how to limit permissions (as "add a map" for example) for basics users ?

Thank you for your time in advance.
Kind regards

Fabien GUERREIRO
--
Chef de projets en géomatique
Direction des systèmes d'information - Cnerta-Web