[GeoNode-users] Install from geonode project

Rizky Maulana Nugraha rizky at kartoza.com
Tue Jun 16 09:34:39 PDT 2020

Hi Handy,
> I have read the instructions. I cant found settings.py at my geonode project, but I can find the settings.py at the ~/.virtualenvs/project_name/src/geonode/geonode

I find it odd that the location of the apps is inside ~/.virtualenvs . Have you been following this documentation: https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/install/advanced/project/index.html ?

The settings file should in the directory of where your geonode project is. The folder is renamed into whatever project_name you choose at the beginning when you run "django-admin startproject ..."

If you do it correctly, there should be two folder in your working directory. In above example, the working directory is “/opt/geonode_custom”, there will folder “/opt/geonode_custom/geonode-project” and “/opt/geonode_custom/my_geonode”. Then the settings file you need to change is in the “/opt/geonode_custom/my_geonode”.

Regards,
--
Rizky Maulana Nugraha
Senior Software Engineer