[GeoNode-users] Geonode installation: Tomcat version

Davide Marchi danjde at msw.it
Tue Oct 13 01:38:22 PDT 2020

Il 2020-10-12 21:00 Matthieu Schneider <matthieu.schneider at gulfsat.mg>
ha scritto:

> Hello Davide, Toni,
>
> Thank you for your help ;)
>
> Yes, I use both:
> * docs.geonode.org/en/3.0/install/advanced
> * docs.geonode.org/en/master/install/advanced
> just in case there is some difference, but it look like the same page.
>
> Yes, the last archive for the Tomcat 8.5 is this one:
> apache-tomcat-8.5.58.tar.gz, but I will try le 9 version (from deb
> pkg),
> I also install java/jdk 11 directly from deb/buster. If I failed, I
> will
> give you some news here (and fall-back on 8.5.xx version).
>
> My bad for Nginx, I read the doc by blocks, and yes, Nginx is use
> after.
>
> Thank you,
> Best regards,
> --
> Matthieu Schneider
> Madagascar

Hi Matthieu!

I don't know for what intended use you are implementing Geonode,
but if it is for production environment I suggest you to switch to
Docker installation.

The "advanced" installation, is missing of many important steps, that
will not allow you to put the environment into production mode.

I myself have followed your same path, I have dedicated whole days to
the project and now I have to abandon to switch to the docker version.

I've try, Tomcat 9 DEB, and Open Java environment "11.x" and all was
working fine, but when you must secure the environment everything
collapses.

My dispassionate advice is that if you have a lot of time to spend and
you like to play trying, otherwise give up immediately!!

Davide
Italy