[GeoNode-users] GeoServer Error - HTTP Status 404 =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=93_?=Not Found

Francesco Bartoli xbartolone at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 06:18:31 PDT 2020

From the screenshot that you sent me privately it looks like that GeoServer is not down but is failing to start properly. Unfortunately, the result is quite the same :).
However, I have encountered the same issue (Ref.: https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-9702) in another production instance and the solution was quite straightforward: downgrade the java used by Tomcat to a safe version <1.8.0_254.
It’s likely the binary has been updated recently since the problem appears on version 1.8.0_255 and above as reported in the issue tracker.

Hope this helps
Francesco