[GeoNode-users] Translation lines were commented

1520 gis juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 20:34:46 PDT 2021

Dear Florian,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I would like to open the translation discussion again. I am in need to
translate the index.html line 129
<https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/templates/index.html#L129>
Portuguese. I am running GeoNode-Project at 3.2.x.

In order to extract the strings to translate (such as line 129 in the
index.html) I need to run the makemessages commands in [1].

After running django-admin makemessages -l pt_BR, I got a django.po file
with basically no strings to translate [2].

As you can see through the locale
<https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/django.po>
file,
index.html line 129 was commented
<https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/django.po#L6862-L6867>
in
the django.po file. I need these lines translated, but I could not make it
possible. Perhaps because I did not run makemessages for these lines. I
just added them by typing.

Could you or other contributors point me in any direction on how to make
some translation changes on my GeoNode-Project local instance by changing
the django.po file and running the makemessages command?

Any comment will be very appreciated.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Kind regards

Julierme

[1]

# Extracts strings from python code and templates
django-admin makemessages -l pt_BR
# Extracts strings from JS scripts
django-admin makemessages -d djangojs -l pt_BR

[2]

#: my_geonode/templates/site_index.html:21
msgid "https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/usage/index.html"
msgstr ""

#: my_geonode/templates/site_index.html:22
msgid "Get Started »"
msgstr ""