[GeoNode-users] Add new Haystack search index (Error changing HAYSTACK_SEARCH to True)

Rafael Sá rafael.sa at ua.pt
Wed Aug 10 19:18:26 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

I am using a GeoNode project (version 3.3.2, installation without Docker) and I have created some models that I would like to add to the Haystack indexes.

I have already created the indexes for my models, and according to the Haystack documentation I need to run the update_index or rebuild_index commands, which are not available in GeoNode.

According to the GeoNode documentation, I have to set the HAYSTACK_SEARCH property to True to enable haystack Search Backend Configuration. I tried to set this property in my geonode-project settings, but I still couldn't execute the commands. I tried to change it directly in the GeoNode settings, and the commands appeared, but I get the error:

elasticsearch.exceptions.ConnectionError: ConnectionError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f37210ff8e0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused) caused by: NewConnectionError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f37210ff8e0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused)

Do you have any idea how to solve this error?

Or a workaround to index my models in GeoNode's Haystack.

Thanks in advance.