[GeoNode-users] No delete ? No upload ?

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Fri May 13 14:06:05 PDT 2022

I started over from scratch using the GeoNode/geonode repo instead of
GeoNode/geonode-project repo.

This time I pulled it behind a firewall. From my initial attempts I know
that I have to have legit certificates so I hacked on LetsEncrypt and made
it use the CloudFlare plugin.
This allows me to get certs without any exposure at the firewall. (I don't
control the firewall here at work and we have "BitDefender" here, which
blocks all sites using self-signed certificates, even ones I build.)

The UI is different now - more like the demo site. Presumably it's newer?
Great. Wonder of wonders, it has a DELETE button! And it works!

I was able to upload a couple zipped shapefiles but when I try to ship it
an unpacked shapefile it gives me
a "complete the upload" button, no idea what that means, which brings up a
page with a Next button that gives me "[object Object]" when I click it and
that's it, from then on that dataset is in limbo. Looks like it's passing a
reference instead of a value? Or something.
The "complete the upload" page has a trash can but clicking that does
nothing. (The item disappears and then pops up again a moment later. Fooled
you!) I now have two partially uploaded shapefiles in limbo.

I have a log window open and I see an error that looks like it could be
related,

celery4geonode   | Traceback (most recent call last):
celery4geonode   |   File "/usr/src/geonode/geonode/upload/tasks.py", line
97, in finalize_incomplete_session_uploads
celery4geonode   |     session = gs_uploader.get_session(_upload.import_id)
celery4geonode   |   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gsimporter/client.py", line 54, in
get_session
celery4geonode   |     return self._call(self.client.get_import, id)
celery4geonode   |   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gsimporter/client.py", line 34, in
_call
celery4geonode   |     robj = fun(*args)
celery4geonode   |   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gsimporter/client.py", line 218,
in get_import
celery4geonode   |     return
parse_response(self._request(self.url("imports/%s?expand=3" % i)))
celery4geonode   |   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gsimporter/client.py", line 194,
in _request
celery4geonode   |     raise NotFound()
celery4geonode   | gsimporter.api.NotFound

(BTW I am doing all this work while hanging in limbo myself, our ArcGIS
Server broke during an upgrade May 1 and Esri support has been very very
very slow. Supply chain? Great Resignation? WFH?)

Cheers Brian