[Geoprisma-dev] Caching for the Proxy

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Dec 15 15:50:06 EST 2009

Yves Moisan wrote:
> The problem was that to get response headers suggesting there is no
> caching (no expires etc.) one needs to set both caching directives to
> false.  If you just set TC to false and not the proxy, the response
> headers are the same as if the TC caching was set to true.

Weird.  I just triple checked here and I don't have the same behavior.

The following should deactivate the cache or TC only, can you confirm
please ?

org_geoprisma_SettingImpl::setTileCacheProxyCaching(false);
org_geoprisma_SettingImpl::setTileCacheProxyCachingExpires(0);
//org_geoprisma_SettingImpl::setWMSProxyCaching(false);
//org_geoprisma_SettingImpl::setWMSProxyCachingExpires(0);
//org_geoprisma_SettingImpl::setProxyCaching(false);
//org_geoprisma_SettingImpl::setProxyCachingExpires(0);

> FF 3.0.15 on Ubuntu 9.04.  I just checked again, validating the AJAX
> requests as seen on Firebug correspond to entries in access_log and
> there comes a point where no more requests are made.  Try this : at
> level 0 zoom in; there should be 18 requests for level 1.  Go back out.
> Zoom in again.  Technically, you should see the same number of requests
> always.  But you'll see that the number of requests keeps decreasing
> (going back and forth between levels 0 and 1 always) and after 2 or 3
> returns you'll see no more requests.  At least that's what I see.  I
> also tested on a windows machine : FF 3.0.15 and IE 7 and I see the same
> behaviour in access_log ??

Try to test with one request url only in a browser and playing around
the caching options (true or false).

I saw differences depending on one machine to an other.  I, for that
matter, never had the caching on my client before implementing the one
in GeoPrisma, but on Julien's machine it was different.

Thanks,

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears