[Geoprisma-dev] Tutorial - How to create a GeoPrisma project

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Nov 30 18:01:24 EST 2009

Yves Moisan wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> Please forgive a quick top-post, but I wanted to thank you for hanging
> on there as a dedicated docs/code commenter and also to let you know
> we're still brewing some ideas to ease the creation of maps by an order
> of magnitude or so we hope!  However, expect another change in the docs,
> for the better (and hopefully I'll then do my share of docs; me ducks).

Speaking of easier ways to build the maps. I am throwing together some
perl code to help do that right now.

So basically I have a pile of shapefiles:

1) I upload them all to postgis
2) run a perl script to generate all the datastores XML
3) run a script to generate the featureserver.cfg
4) make a WMS mapfile
5) I haven't looked at the widget or resource creation yet.

so some of the pieces are starting to fall in place.

I hope to have the bdga sample converted into my own project by the end
of the week.

-Steve