[Geoprisma-users] bdga config.xml

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Nov 26 08:34:50 EST 2009

Stephen,

  The old samples had their files scattered everywhere in the
directories.  The templates were in ./src/client/templates.  They would
just need to be updated to the new sample "philosophy".

  For your project, you should start small.  Comment with <!-- -->
everything but 1 service, 1 datastore, 1 resource and the map widget for
the start.  Then, slowly add the resources + widgets to see how they work.

  See more inline :

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> 3) installed featureserver, but have no idea how to configure it with
> the data in postgis
In your featureserver directory, see ./doc/DataSources.txt.  This should
cover what you need to know to configure your layers.

> FeaturePanel_Form for create, update users
The form itself is "read" since it's not the widget that does the actual
"create" / "update" / "delete" actions.

> FeaturePanel_Selector or ResultExtGrid? for read only users
Go with ResultExtGrid, see the "queryonclick" examples

> GeoExtToolbar or Toolbar
Pick GeoExtToolbar (Toolbar is deprecated)

> Is there a better sample to look at? Or just start with one and then
> add widgets to it as Iget each in turn working.
The "shortcut" samples are very simple and much younger than the "bdga"
demo, which combines a lot of widgets.  It should be a simpler way to
start.  Then, when you're ready to add more widgets, see the samples
(check their config and documentation).

In the doc, I should replace "choose a sample that looks like what you
want to do" by "choose a simple sample to start from, then check the
other samples to add more stuff".  What do you think ?

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears