[geos-devel] GEOS on Solaris?!

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Sun Apr 13 16:21:43 EDT 2003

Carsten Neumann writes:

> Yes, the "autogen.sh" script works just fine to repair/create the missing
> makefiles. But it didn't solve the real problem. I just recompiled the
> library from scratch (after uploading the latest version) an retried the
> tests and examples (without changing anything).

Carsten

Could you try running one of the examples that crash under gdb
and report the results

Here is an example of running gdb on a program call test1.exe
Just in case in case you are not familiar with gdb

(gdb) is the gdb prompt

so in this case I entered
'run' at first opportunity
'bt'   at first prompt after crash

Thanks

Norman

% gdb test1.exe
(gdb) run
Starting program: /src/mpatrol/tests/fail/test1.exe

0x6100d174 in cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd () from /bin/cygwin1.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x6100d174 in cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd () from /bin/cygwin1.dll
#1  0x6100d1e8 in getenv () from /bin/cygwin1.dll
#2  0x00408d9c in __mp_proffile (m=0x473020, s=0x0) at diag.c:384