[geos-devel] latest geos cvs breaks on make

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Mon Aug 18 09:53:32 EDT 2003

Paul Ramsey writes:

> I have also committed some file removals to hopefully address Norman's troubles
> with cvs diff. Incidentally, I find unified diffs (-u) way way easier to read
> through.

Thanks Paul,  I will use diff -u in the future

FYI - GEOS compiles cleanly for me with Cygwin gcc 3.2
and MingW32 gcc 3.3.1

If anyone has a P4 with gcc 3.3.x installed I would be interested
in hearing about timing results between the default CXXFLAGS
and
CXXFLAGS="-msse2 -O3 -march=pentium4 -fomit-frame-pointer -mfpmath=sse"

Note an executable compiled with these flags will only run on a P4 or greater

Cheers

Norman