[geos-devel] swig module committed to CVS

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Fri Aug 20 11:12:11 EDT 2004

On Aug 20, 2004, at 8:02 AM, strk at refractions.net wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 07:33:35AM -0600, Sean Gillies wrote:
>> OK.  Also, if you give me a heads up next time I will check that the
>> SWIG
>> module is still working.  It's probably broken right now.  Strk's
>> style
>> of methods prototyped in headers that may or may not be implemented in
>> the C++ source causes problems for SWIG.  These methods have to be
>> explicitly ignored in the SWIG interface file.
>
> It is not style, just bugs.
> I tought I've fixed it already and sent you a notice
> about that. Am I missing something ?
>
> --strk;

I just finished verifying that the swig package is working with the
GEOS CVS HEAD.  Which is equal to 2.0.0, right?  I've packaged up the
geos/swig directory and made it available for download at

   http://users.frii.com/sgillies/projects/geos-swig.tgz

If you are interested to try scripting with GEOS 2.0, download, copy
to the new geos directory, extract to create the geos/swig directory
and follow the instructions in the readme file.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies