[geos-devel] win32 build

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Sep 21 05:37:35 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:17:22PM -0400, Paul Spencer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've attempted to build the current cvs version on Windows using Visual
> Studio .net and the included solution file to no avail ... multiple
> errors which I can post if you need them.  So I tried to back off to the
> 2.0.0 version ... which has no windows support apparently.  To make it
> compile, I simply added all the cpp files to a blank dll project and set
> the include path, this seems to work (except I don't have a .lib file,
> but that's my problem ;))
>
> However, I want to ask about copious warnings:
>
> * SimpleGeometryPrecisionReducer.cpp line 103 ... geomEdit is never
> initialized AFAIK ... the code to do this is apparently commented out
> just above it.  Does this function ever get invoked?  It will most
> likely cause a crash if it does ...

Fixed.

> * MarkupSTL.cpp: loads of signed/unsigned mismatches and size_t to int
> conversions :(

This is a package from www.firstobject.com (rel: 6.3).
Since I can't get the errors to be shown, can you try replacing
it with version 7.1 ?

> * DoubleBits.cpp: line 96, conversion from int64 to int?

I've asked Martin more on the issue. I'm not really sure
what return values should be.
Hopefully we won't have to change return type, as that would
be another API change (not again!).

> * a whole pile of C4541 warnings ... (use of /GR- with polymorphic
> types) ... is this a problem? I just disabled them

I dunno what you'r talking about.
Can you tell me more ?

> Cheers,
>
> Paul