[geos-devel] A word about Javisms

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Mar 23 22:45:46 EST 2006

I should point out here, that the JTS relationship has been virtuous
in both directions. The GEOS community has had performance issues
which for some reason the JTS using community has not, and this has
resulted in a number of efficiency ideas which have migrated from the
GEOS list and implementations back into JTS as Martin saw the merit
in them.  (Primarily rather simple short-circuit ideas which were not
required for JTS correctness but make a big difference in the Real
World when things start getting exercised.)