[geos-devel] Building GEOS with GDAL

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Nov 15 12:20:57 EST 2006

On 15-Nov-06, at 9:59 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> It does still really suck that I have to configure geos on unix
> just to
> get a geos_c.h.vc (which I copied from the geos_c.h produced on unix).
>
> Hopefully the rules for producing the packaged source tarballs (as
> opposed
> to pulling from SVN) will produce geos_c.h.vc for distribution?

If you pull geos-svn.tar.gz, the snapshot source, you'll find that it
has been auto-generated.

So, do we drop the whole .vc thing, because it is out of date and
unmaintained?  Or do we maintain it up to a level of utility?  Do we
revert the .in generation (all it gains us is automatic
synchronization with the version information from the top of the tree)?

P.