[geos-devel] GEOS compilation VS7.1

abhay menon abhay.menon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:51:26 EDT 2007

On 8/15/07, abhay menon <abhay.menon at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/15/07, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> >
> > abhay menon wrote:
> > >
> > > Has anyone tried this hack for building GEOS in msvc71.
> > >
> > > I want to know that if this version of  the GEOS library is working
> > > correctly or if some one has been able to compile in a similar
> > fashion.
> >
> > What's the exact problem?
> >
> > I did build GEOS using Visual C++ 7.1.
> > Currently, I use Visual C++ 8.0.
> > Both versions work well.
> >
> > The only known version that is not supported is Visual C++ 6.0.
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
> > Mateusz Loskot
> > http://mateusz.loskot.net
> >

> Hi Mateusz,
>
> Have you tried the sln msvc71 that I had provided. Did it give a correct
> output in the Release build or was there any error msg will building that.
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Abhay Menon
> http://abhaymenon.info

I want to use the same in VC++ 6.0 binded with GDAL. So had create a sln for
VC7.1 as that  was the permissible framework environment that I could use.
If you still have the working VC7.1 build sln + project file similar to your
msvc80 build could please mail it to me.

--
Best Regards

Abhay Menon
http://abhaymenon.info