[geos-devel] Patch: Fixing GEOS HEAD compilation under MingW

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Thu Jan 4 12:12:17 EST 2007

Mark Cave-Ayland kirjoitti:
> Sure. I found a second copy of ld.exe and a few other utilities
> in /mingw/mingw32 even after I had upgraded the binutils package.

there is /mingw/mingw32 is in binutils-2.17.50-20060824-1.tar.gz

> The
> solution for me was to extract the latest binutils package
> (binutils-2.17.50-20060824-1.tar.gz) in /mingw/, and then move
> the /mingw/mingw32 directory somewhere safe outside of /mingw/.

I removed /mingw/mingw32 and, when updating, did not extract it from the
new tar.gz
> I then found that re-running configure allowed libtool to find the
> version of ld.exe in /mingw/bin rather than /mingw/mingw32/bin, and the
> linking problem disappeared. I'd be interested to hear whether this
> solves the problem for you.

The compilation now works after rerunning configure and with the libtool
it creates. The problem seems to be solved. I just don't understand when
/mingw/mingw32 is needed.

Thanks,

Ari