[geos-devel] Proposing GEOS 3.0.1 or 3.1.0

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Aug 1 19:27:47 EDT 2008

Folks, Dear PSC,

Recently, new feature [1] to the public C API has been applied.
It was on request from QGIS folks. They are are porting QGIS to GEOS C
API and use Polygonizer::getCutEdges which was not exposed.
Now, it seems important to synchronize release dates of QGIS 1.0.0
with new release of GEOS - the one that will include the new features.

First, I thought GEOS 3.0.1 (with #195 fix included) should make the
job, but then I reminded that the fix changes public api, so it applies
more to GEOS 3.1.0.

IMO, would not be a bad idea to release 3.1.0.
It's been 8 months since 3.0.0 and a bunch of fixes have
been applied [3].

What do you think?

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/195
[2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2008-July/004529.html