[geos-devel] Motion: GEOS-3.3.0 feature freeze

J Smith dark.panda+lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:18:26 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Charlie Savage <cfis at savagexi.com> wrote:
> Hi J,
>
> Once you're ready, we can do some testing (within our app) on Windows,
> Fedora, CentOS and OSX also.
>
> Is it worth creating a RubyGeo group on github and put the geos and proj4
> bindings - either the new ffi one I think you have done or the original gem
> under it?  So this would be like the Rails group or xml4ruby - versus the
> gems under an individual account.  And any other related geo gems that
> people want to put in one place (gdal??)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charlie

Hey Charlie.

Just about to make an announcement for the first beta release of
ffi-geos, so you can test away and see how badly it breaks thanks to
my woefully limited testing resources! Hooray for the term "beta", eh?

It would be pretty cool to have a group on github for this sort of
stuff, sure. I'm not quite done with ffi-proj4 due to some weirdness
in jruby, but it's coming along, but that's a whole other thing I
guess.

Windows isn't going to work out of the box at the moment
unfortunately, as it just dawned on me that I had forgotten to add any
sort DLL searching code for MingW or whatever. Hard to test without a
Windows machine available. :/

Anyways, I'll finish up the announcement and that will be that. Hope
it works on at least some of your platforms.

Cheers