[geos-devel] Motion: GEOS-3.3.0 feature freeze

J Smith dark.panda+lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:07:06 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Charlie Savage <cfis at savagexi.com> wrote:

> So I haven't done this myself, but if I go to github and click "Switch
> Context" on the right then there is a choice to manage organizations. From
> there you can create a new one.  What I'm not quite sure about is how to
> then migrate your repository to the organization.

I've set up an organization before for zoocasa and our geos-extensions
ruby plugin so I've got the basics down. When I get some time I'll
look into it.

> Anyway, let me know if you want to proceed with that or not.  Once we've
> figured that out, I can clone the repo and do some windows testing. Probably
> won't be for a couple weeks though...in the midst of a move at the moment.
>
> Yup, I'm happy to test this and fix up any issues.

I gave a shot at building GEOS with cygwin on an XP VM I have, but my
Windows skills have apparently degraded over the years and was unable
to compile and was getting make errors. At any rate, I have a cygwin
and a partial MingW environment set up for testing if anyone has any
advice on building under Windows. At the moment I have access to the
cygwin and MingW RubyInstaller for ruby.

Cheers