[geos-devel] [GEOS] #609: GEOSPointOnSurface returns EMPTY for single-point linestring

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Jan 14 03:29:42 PST 2013

Thank you Martin, I've started the port.

One question: while porting InteriorPointArea I realized that GEOS
and JTS are not in sync with reguard to the horizontalBisector method,
but even if I copied the InteriorPointTest.xml test from JTS there are
no failure in GEOS. Does it mean there are no test in JTS showing the
need for using the private SafeBisectorFinder class (which is only
in JTS) ? Can you think of any case that would fail with the old
(as in GEOS) implementation of that ?

--strk;