[geos-devel] GEOS-3.6.0 released

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Oct 25 12:43:05 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-25 4:23 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 10/25/2016 06:07 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
>>   - C++ API changes:
>>     - Automatic memory management for GeometryFactory objects
>
> This change seems to cause the build failures for OSSIM, osmium &
> osm2pgsql with GEOS 3.6.0. All three builds fail with these errors:
>
>  'geos::geom::GeometryFactory::GeometryFactory()' is protected within
> this context
>  'virtual geos::geom::GeometryFactory::~GeometryFactory()' is protected
> within this context
>
> What is the proper way to support GeometryFactory for both GEOS 3.5.0
> and 3.6.0?

Bas I was also confused (as a packager) seeing these 2 releases come
out, and not sure how all of the many other projects handle the 3.6.0
changes (like GDAL, MapServer, PostGIS etc.).  So I'm assuming that
packagers like us Bas are to use 3.5.1 for now?

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/