[geos-devel] Ready to switch from SVN to GIT ?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Apr 6 02:47:25 PDT 2017

On 6 April 2017 at 11:39, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 02:27:26AM -0700, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>
>> I wasn't aware we are going to stick to Trac. PIT(Y|A).
>
> This was the plan since February 2016:
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2016-February/007404.html

A plan rolling for year(s) is a plan to be ignored/forgotten about.

> I actually think it's much less pain this way as:
>
>  1) We don't have to migrate all tickets

Is that an obstacle really?
You have already written a tool, haven't you?

>  2) We don't have to migrate wiki

The whole Wiki should be moved to reST/Markdown file sin /docs folder,
easily to browse and read w/ Web,
easy to update (commit or pull request if one doesn't have access).

We already have to maintain README.md and Wiki...

>  3) I can keep replying to trac tickets by mail
>     (https://strk.kbt.io/blog/2015/11/11/trac-from-mutt/)
>  4) We get proper notifications upon ticket comments
>     (Gogs is still short on features with this)
>  5) We get spam filtering (lacking in Gogs)

Grr! I had been proposing switch to GitHub to save us a lot of time,
and things actually done/working .

Best regards,