[geos-devel] continuous testing via sponsorship (was: Ready to switch from SVN to GIT ?)

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 14:20:46 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

> This is a great idea. Asking them to donate build services would be
> a good start.

I would find it to be a peculiar request if a project asked my company for
financial resources so that they could attempt to replicate infrastructure
that is already offered to the project in-kind by other organizations.

I support asking commercial users to assist the project and the foundation,
but I think that assistance would be best directed at the core mission of
the project, which is to offer the complete functionality of JTS in C++.
As you pointed out, GEOS has many open bug reports.  Corporate sponsorship,
either in the form of sponsored bug fixes or donated developer time, could
be very beneficial in reducing this.

Dan