[geos-devel] GH Actions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Nov 6 11:07:41 PST 2020

Pleased to report that we now have added GitHub actions to our ever growing zoo of CI platforms.

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/actions

Makes getting a PR tested nice and quick. We also have the comprehasive, 50 million test matrix in Azure Pipelines, but I wanted to have something like our existing Travis set that would complete fairly fast and test both CMake and autotools builds. So the Azure Pipelines yaml provided a good starting point and I cut it back and matched up the tests to Travis more. All the jobs run in parallel and it's not queing up, as Travis seems to do more and more.

Unfortunately, unlike Travis, GH Actions does not have any nifty architecture options like ARM, but maybe that will change shortly as ARM cloud stuff seems to be happening quickly.

P.