[geos-devel] Having a real site? and fixing doxygen

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Aug 22 23:16:44 PDT 2021

Right now GEOS does not have a real site.

geos.osgeo.org  is sitting on OSGeo6, which the index page simply redirects
to trac.osgeo.org/geos.
The snapshot and doxygen build was done under pramsey's account on osgeo6
and that's the only thing that is hosted on geos.osgeo.org (which is on
osgeo6).

This is all fine except for the fact I want to get rid of osgeo6 (or at
least move all project related stuff off of it so it's just dedicated to
mailman).
It also has a cmake that is older than what we support (Cmake 3.7 vs. our
minimal 3.8 for main branch). Though I guess that will be fixed when I
upgrade osgeo6 to buster in a couple of months.

I have this ticket in place - https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/1123 Which
I'd like some feedback on.

The big thing that is sorely missed is our doxygen build which someone
already complained about a couple months ago.
The daily snapshots I'm guessing most people can use that generated by our
git or git mirrors.

What are people's thoughts.

1) Is there a benefit to having a dedicated website for geos?
2) Alternatively could just have Jenkins build the doxygen as part of
regression run and be the redirector to trac.

Thanks,
Regina