[geos-devel] GEOS RFC 10 - Move Project to GitHub

Nicklas Larsson n_larsson at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 06:58:45 PDT 2021

I think it would be regrettable if also GEOS went all-in for GitHub. In my opinion -- apart from sharing a skeptical view with Sandro and Regina regarding move everything to The One Corp -- in particular the Issue system of GH is way inferior to trac tickets.

MacPorts [1] has come up with a hybrid system, hooking up trac with GH, which I think works fine and may be considered as an alternative. This allows e.g. in-logging to trac with GH creds; allowing automatic closing of tickets on merging of connected PRs.

Nicklas

[1]  https://github.com/macports/trac.macports.org